TOP 20 PREGNANCY TIPS
1. Start changing your food habits to include a healthy variety of foods. These include :
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (nothing out a can or packet)
- Protein is the building block of every cell in your baby’s body.
- Eat smaller frequent meals if you are plagued with nausea and/or vomiting.
- Remember that pregnancy weight gain is a necessary part of pregnancy. Do not diet or restrict foods without discussing this with your practitioner first.
- Prenatal vitamins are not meant to replace the foods you eat.
- You may not want to reduce junk food, but watch what you eat and keep a log to prevent you from overeating.
2. Exercise! Starting now will help you stay in shape during pregnancy, can lower your risk of miscarriage, and has been proven to help reduce labor complications and length.
3. Educate yourself! You don’t have to invest in heavy and expensive pregnancy books anymore. Look online for the best blogs on the subject.
4. Eat a new vegetable you’ve never tried.
5. Ask your partner to join you on your new healthy habit changes.
6. Avoid chemicals that could possibly harm your baby. You can find these at work, in your home, and just about anywhere, be environmentally sensitive.
7. Rest when you can. Nap!
8. Remember to add 300 – 500 calories a day while pregnant.
9. If you are decorating your house or a nursery remember to avoid fumes often associated with paint and wall paper. Have your partner monitor the hard work and you can be in charge of the interior decoration.
10. Swimming is great in late pregnancy. It can help relieve a lot of aches and pains and makes you feel weightless.
11. Drink lots of fluids.
12. Ask for permission to work part time and do some of the work from home as per your convenience.
13. Go to bed early. Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep every night. Resting on your side will improve blood flow to your baby and help prevent swelling. For added comfort, place pillows between your legs and under your belly.
14. Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes and put your feet up several times a day to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
15. Don’t smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to second-hand smoke.
16. Wear comfortable clothes. Your clothes must be loose so that they don’t put pressure of the foetus. Loose fitted clothes will also facilitate you to breathe well.
SHOP MATERNITY WEAR NOW.
SHOP MATERNITY WEAR NOW.
17. Pack your bags before going to a birth center or hospital. Don’t forget your insurance cards, pre-registration forms, camera, birth plan, etc.
18. Take a picture of yourself before the baby comes!
19. Make sure to have your husband or a family member around when you deliver.
20. Kiss the baby!
Think we missed something? Comment below and we’ll add it to our list. Also, don’t forget to shop for your maternity wear now – it’s upto 70% off.
Posted By: Sheena